February 10, 2011

On post-rock and days in limbo.

I am in that place between ventures which is simultaneously relaxed and uncomfortable - or maybe uncomfortable because of all the relaxation - there always seems to be something amiss when you're not active. It's a little like being the only person who doesn't have a worried look on their face; it means you've probably missed something, and you're going to feel very silly when the penny drops.

At any rate, I've been passing the unseasonably rain-drenched days tucked away in my room, obsessively building a collection of post-rock, a genre I have basically ignored up until now. On a not-so-special night last week, I realized I had been listening to Explosions In The Sky for three hours straight. I have not looked back and it has been excellent.




No comments:

Post a Comment