February 19, 2011

On hilariously anti-climactic overhyped pop singles.



Gaga?
Gaga?
What is this shit?
Come on now. I'm not even a hater. In fact I love some Gaga with cocktails and an excess of makeup.
Don't get me wrong; I find plenty of her fans obnoxious, her more vocal haters even more so, and I find that 'monster' stuff generates a fair amount of second-hand embarrassment. I can't sit through interviews with her without concluding that she has absolutely no idea what she's talking about/is trying too damn hard to be a visionary, enlightened leader.

All of that aside, she tends to make good pop music, and pop is one of my all-time favourite genres. It's happy music. Don't give me shit about disliking your 20-minute epics about slaying dragons or worshiping the Beast or whatever the fuck it is, and then turn around like "Oh I can't stand happy music!" Why? Does it make you awkward to be flippant and joyous? Telling.
Anyway.

This song is not good. It's not exactly awful, but for something that's been so hyped...it should have been far, far better than this. I am disappointed, Gaga. I'll just be over here, listening to The Fame Monster and side-eyeing this single. Give me an album on which I can consider this The Track I Always Skip, and things will be cool between us, okay? I still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment