March 18, 2011

It's 5:11am and this is the best possible use of my time.

"I want you safe. My Doctor."
I'm watching the Bad Wolf scene, which is flawless and excellent and giving me chills, and I'm all:

because I know what's coming and it's terribly sad, but at the same time it's all coming about just because Rose is too good to sit idly and let the Doctor die. No, she has to violate the TARDIS with a truck and become some kind of all-powerful time-related goddess and rearrange time and space to create herself just so she can keep her Doctor safe. And that is why you don't watch Doctor Who when you're feeling weepy.

So I've had an extremely long night considering I'm bone-tired. Admittedly this is self-inflicted, but still. I've eaten some things even I don't feel altogether comfortable admitting to, and considering the horse semen, that's saying something. Despite the fact that I did not get a Tumblr (for this exact reason), my life has been consumed by Tumblr for the night, and I have a funny feeling I'm going to be awake to see dawn.

No doubt that dawn will be accompanied by this:



and I will be staring out my window willing some sort of blue box to appear in my garden.

I could continue to wax lyrical about how just the Eleventh Doctor's theme makes me feel like I'm about to round a corner and find myself in the middle of some wildly wonderful adventure, but instead I'm going to end this post -- in keeping with its ever-so-edgy 'addled' theme -- with a nice unrelated e.e cummings poem.

i carry your heart with me

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment