March 24, 2011

I feel like a light has gone out.

So, I just heard about Elizabeth Taylor's death. I've never seen any of her films, and I feel an odd sense of regret that I never bothered to learn more about her while she was still alive -- not that it would have made much difference to her; but I suppose I find interest generated by a person's death a little distasteful.

Just look at this gorgeous woman.

At any rate, she was certainly a legend. If ever there was an actress who deserved to be remembered for her exceptional beauty as much as her acting, she's basically it. Aside from that, I can't help but like her for her outspoken fight against AIDS at a time when it wasn't a fashionable bandwagon to be on. It feels very strange to think of her in past tense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment