January 18, 2011

Pro-Ana?

"I'm not beautiful, my hair is ruined and I know I will never have long hair again. I've lost several teeth. My skin is dry. My breasts have fallen. No young girl wants to look like a skeleton. ... You couldn't believe anyone would want to look like that. I don't think there's any question about it." - Isabelle Caro on how nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.




"Thinness leads to death and it is anything but beautiful. You start out with this feeling as if you can master everything, that you are in total control, and then little by little you fall into this hellish spiral, a spiral of death."




Jesus God, the photos of this woman break my heart. There is at best boundless stupidity and ignorance, and at worst mental illness or pure mean-spiritedness, fueling any comments that this could possibly be a positive thing. 
She died at 28 years of age. There is nothing beautiful about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment