January 26, 2011

On the laws of nature.


That is my flatmate's cat, Fat Chop (so named because he is a bottomless pit of hunger, and I do not exaggerate one tiny bit when I say that). He is sharing a tender moment of friendship with my rat, Oscar (so named because Oscar Wilde, need I say more?). Using the power of teamwork, they have gotten at least half of a plastic bag they were most definitely not meant to be playing with into the rat cage. 


Fat Chop is afraid of the rats when I take them out of the cage. The rats, on the other hand, clearly do not know the Grim Squeaker is resting on the predator's shoulder, and they react to his presence by frantically attempting to bite his paws. 


Of course, that doesn't stop him stalking them when they're safely inside the cage. Small scurrying things can't expect to be ignored by lively, eternally hungry young kittens!
And that is what happened today in the life of a furry-thing owner.

In other news, Oscar nominations have been announced. I noticed "Tron: Legacy" was conspicuously absent from several categories it almost certainly should have been in - Music (Original Score), Visual Effects, maybe a nod for Costuming would have been nice - but no. As far as the Academy is concerned, that film never happened. Are they serious? All it was was Music And Visual Effects. It was essentially the world's most epic Daft Punk video. My heart aches for the score. It was excellent, innovative, engaging, I quite literally listen to it in the car, etc. I notice it was nominated for Sound Mixing, which frankly should go to "Inception" anyway. And Christopher Nolan fanboys are going to be spitting - he isn't up for Best Director, again. Maybe the Academy is trolling with this one, but it's kind of funny.

I find myself particularly interested in this year's Oscar season, possibly because I feel strongly that give King Firth an Oscar you sons of bitches


No comments:

Post a Comment