May 15, 2011

This is a fashion post.

I have decided that I am not allowed to buy another black or grey item of clothing (unless it's absolutely amazing and one of a kind and completely incomparable to anything I've ever seen before). I've also decided (and this was almost definitely influenced by my overwhelming love for everything Karen Gillan touches) that I can and will rock chequered shirts, red things, baggy tops, and ponchos.

I am now the proud owner of something that looks a little like this:



except it's having an identity crisis. It thinks it's a poncho. And that's fine by me. Unfortunately, it hasn't really brought me any closer to looking even vaguely like this:


but a girl can dream, right?

Also high on my fashion to-do list are shawls. Shawls! Shawls are a severely underrated item of clothing, as my recent adoration of Stevie Nicks has brought to my attention. I wore a shawl to my seventh form ball and I haven't touched one since, which is basically a travesty considering how often I long for something between a vest and a jacket that isn't a cardigan. Clearly I need a wardrobe full of beautiful, ethereal, cuddly shawls!

WITHOUT FLAWS.

People like to bitch about winter, and it has its downsides, don't get me wrong; but frankly I can't wait for an excuse to break out the wool and leather.


No comments:

Post a Comment